Human are the social beings that love to interact with and attract others towards themselves. Being immature they only look for companionship but, once grown up, they are mostly attracted towards the person of opposite sex. Then over 50 dating begins. It can be defined as a relationship between two persons of opposite sex which can be developed up to any stage. For instance, they can have only emotional bonding, emotional bonding along with little romance or a totally intimate relationship. Whatever may be type, you must make sure that your dating is safe, in other words, you are not transmitting any disease to one another.
Let us make you aware with a similar problem that is transmitted sexually. It name is Herpes and is of two types-oral and genital. Its symptoms include cold sores or blisters which can occur on mouth or in throat in the case of oral sex, while, in the genital sex they can occur at any part of the body. Oral herpes are mainly transmitted through kissing or oral sex, whereas, genital herpes are transmitted sexually.
Are you dating someone with herpes?
Do you know that the person you are dating with, is infected or not with herpes? If no, ask him/her to undergo a test. It is recommended that you should also undergo the test. Keep the following points in mind if you are dating someone with herpes or you are infected with herpes:
- Both of the partners should know if anyone is infected with herpes because it can be transmitted sexually and astonishingly, has no treatment. Although, it can be prevented with some medicines but it is not loyal if you knowingly transmit to your partner.
- If one person is positive with herpes, he/she should make his/her partner to know about it and then both can decide collectively if they want to continue their relationship or not.
- In the case you both are positive with the herpes, then nothing to worry. You can enjoy your relationship with no ifs and buts as no virus can be passed to someone who is already positive.
- The more complicated case is when you come to know that your long term partner is positive with herpes but you love him/her truly. Then it becomes difficult to arrive at a decision. In the case you still want to be in relationship with that person, take herpes as a “skin condition” that comes and goes otherwise, you can end the relationship.
Herpes is such a problem that increases with the age of the person. So, in the case of over 50 dating, it becomes more important to under proper diagnosis for herpes. Also it is believed that the problem becomes complicated at higher age. If you have chosen to get intimate with the herpes affected person then follow these tips:
- Use condom as it reduces the possibility of virus transmission.
- Ensure that your partner is taking proper medication for herpes. Although, it cannot be completely cured, but, can be prevented from transmitting further with the help of medicines.